Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hot Springs, NC to Spring Mountain Shelter, NC

17 April: Total Miles: 281.7

Hiked 11.0 miles today. Started out alone. Beautiful trail all day starting with about a ½ mile walk along the French Broad Rive, then climbing up the cliffs overlooking Hot Springs. I took some great pictures of both.

Later in the day, I saw many pretty wild flowers along the trail – got some pix of these as well. It got quite warm, perhaps 75 degrees. Then I caught up with my Bear Attack buddies Willow and Gentleman Jack.

Got into camp about 5 p.m. and had a nice relaxing evening. It was by far the warmest night out on the trail. I don’t think it ever went below 50 degrees.

1 comment:

Karen Rommelfanger said...

After seeing the bear pix and the cold/wet day I was glad to hear about warm weather. Phew.