Friday, May 9, 2008

Zero Day in TN

April 24, 2008

Had a peaceful, restful ZERO day at Uncle Johnny's Hostel in Erwin, TN. Going to the Post Office to mail my bounce box to Damascus, VA was my only chore. Otherwise, I chilled: took a nap, laid out in the sun, and tried to even out my hiker tan a bit, soaked my tired feet in the cool water of the Nolichucky River, etc. Oh, and I ate lots and lots of food. That is my 1st priority whenever I go to town: EAT.

I've already lost about 10 lbs. and I've got to be very, very dilligent about gorgining myself whenever I'm off the trail because it's simply not possible for me to carry or eat enough food on the trail to sustain myself. But, I think I've at least stopped losing weight for now -- we'll see.

Anyway, I'm feeling very good about getting started again tomorrow!

No comments: