Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April 16, 2008: Hot Springs, NC

Zero Mile Day!

Had a lovely Zero Day in Hot Springs, NC, population 643 – no kidding. This is a very small town, but it’s very compact, the A.T. literally runs right down Main Street, and it has everything a hiker needs:

Places to stay (albeit not very Fancy, in fact Motel 6 would put them to shame), places to eat (cheap and good), a laundromat, an ice cream shop (yummy!), a Post Office, and a really good outfitter.

It also had some very quaint homes and business which I took pictures of during my self-guided walking tour. I felt really lousy when I woke up this morning, but after a day of relaxation, no hiking, lots of food, I feel much better. I’ll get a fresh start tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Karen Rommelfanger said...

I'm glad you're getting bear-free rest! This blog is great. Maybe I need to get "Squeaky" to help me get my posts in order...

Jen aka Evilynmo said...

LOL ichigo! Squeaky is very diligent and organized for sure! She even keeps me on task with my blog, j/k!

Go Dad GO!!!!! Evie and I will be there soon to hang out and have fun! YAY! =)