Monday, April 21, 2008

April 7, 2008: Fontana Village (Dam) to Mollie’s Ridge Shelter


Great Smoky Mountain National Park (GSMNP) NC

Daily Miles: 11.0
Total Miles: 173.9

Hiked the blue blaze around the Dam because it is under construction. So, hikers were not allowed to walk across the top of the Dam. It was all uphill, today, of course, with a total elevation gain of 2,870 feet.

It was really warm and sunny today. I’d prayed to my weather God for good weather in the Smokies, and I got it, at least for the first day. I bet it was a record high temp, or near to it. My thermometer read in the upper 70’s.

I think I took a wrong turn on the blue blaze around the Dam and as a result, I ended up right at the very north edge of the Dam and the very southern entrance of the Park, which was cool. I took lots of pictures today.

No comments: